One of the best days during middle school was the 100th Day of School. The teachers of course took this as a learning opportunity for us students and had numerous math problems, word puzzles, and drawings for us to do, but as the student, it rocked because we got to bring to school 100 things. Not just 100 random things, but 100 of the same thing. 🙂 100 jelly beans, 100 M&M’s, 100 buttons, 100 pennies, 100 medicine bottle caps (Mum is a nurse…), 100 cookies. It was pretty awesome. 🙂 First the big decision of what 100 things to bring and then the counting out (into piles of ten’s) to make sure you brought exactly 100, no more, no less. I loved it!
Which is why I am pretty excited today as this marks the 100th post on my blog! 1-0-0. Huzzah!
Since I cannot physically put 100 buttons or 100 M&M’s on here, I thought I would instead share 100 facts and observations. About myself. Yep, that’s right, this post is all. about. me! Nearly all that you could ever want to know and then some. Enjoy! New session posts will be coming up later this week. There are some wonderful things to share!
1. My nickname is Kaht and has been since 3rd grade, even though the spelling has morphed over the years.
2. I really love ice cream, especially chocolate/vanilla twisted soft serve in a cone with sprinkles.
3. I’m looking forward to the summer ice cream shops opening. 🙂 If I had my way, I would have an ice cream cone every night in the summer!
3. I love to dance.
4. Zumba is my workout of choice because of the above.
5. I love snacks.
6. I can be pretty indecisive over certain things.
7. I wish I spoke another language…or 10.
8. I lack the patience to learn another language properly.
9. My sister knows sign language.
10. She is my best friend.
11. Devin is my best friend too.
12. How do you really pick just one best friend? I have at least 2 dozen!
13. I love cozy socks and fuzzy sweaters.
14. When I was a camp counselor during high school, my best camp friend and I pretended we were sisters. We fooled a few people.
We could pass as sisters, right? 🙂
15. Being a camp counselor was one of the most fulfilling jobs ever!
16. I love to talk.
17. I talk to one of my best photo friends at least twice a day. Phone or online chat.
18. I have a weakness for TV shows, especially dramas.
19. Current favorite TV shows: Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Glee, Parenthood, Modern Family, Raising Hope, Cougar Town, and Battle Star Galatica.
20. Sometimes I use TV as a reward for getting certain work projects done.
21. I love to read.
22. Most of the books I read come from friend recommendations. I don’t trust my judgement is choosing a random book.
23. Our librarian is awesome. She knows where every book is in the library and is always so friendly!
24. When I was younger, I did not want to be a photographer.
25. I wanted to be a race car driver…
26. : a vetranarian
27. : a dancer
28. : a world volunteer
29. : a fighter pilot
30. I’m a peaceful person, but highly dramatic when telling certain stories. “This big! So crazy! You should have seen it.”
31. I’m an awesome go-kart driver.
32. I love to cook, but don’t follow recipes to the finest measurement.
33. I have dreams of running a pie business one day.
34. I hated pie until I met Devin. He makes the best pie crust ever!
35. I am a mediocre speller and bad at fully reading directions. Especially if they do not have pictures. <——- Visual Learner.
36. When I met Devin, there were sparks. I think angels sang as well.
37. Corny things aside, I knew the role he would play in my life when I met him. 🙂
38. This man makes me SO happy!
39. I love being up on stage.
40. I love children.
41. I have been babysitting children since I was 11.
42. My grandmother was a foster parent for babies.
43. I would like to be a foster parent one day.
44. I love to garden.
45. I wear a sun hat outside.
46. I wear SPF 30 because I’m terrified of skin cancer.
47. Sally Mann was a great inspiration of mine during college, among many other wonderful artists.
48. I chose the college I attended (Valparaiso University) because of a single professor.
49. She was my photography professor and is one of the coolest people I know.
50. I get along with my family really well.
51. I am the oldest of 4 kids.
52. I talk to my Mum at least once a day.
53. I count myself as very lucky that I am so close to my family.
54. I count myself as doubly lucky because I married into an equally wonderful family. 🙂
55. I love camping, canoeing, and car trips.
56. We just saw The Hunger Games movie and it was awesome.
57. I do not follow the news very well.
58. I count on my mum or Devin to fill me in if something drastic happens. Or Facebook.
59. I listen to VPR/NPR daily.
60. I never thought I would enjoy listening to talk radio…
61. I enjoy knitting.
62. I started a knitting group in my town so that I would finish projects.
63. I have met some of the nicest women ever through my knitting group!
64. I love cereal.
65. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast.
66. I do not like plain pancakes. They need blueberries, apples, chocolate chips or something else in them.
67. I cannot eat fake syrup. Yes, I’m a spoiled Vermonter.
68. I love to preserve fruits and vegetables and strive to make our home self sufficient.
69. I love to write notes and letters to people.
70. I never thought I would love a dog as much as I love Cora.
71. She is like a human in a brown furry dog body and to get my attention, she sneezes.
72. I’m a Mac girl.
73. I love having great neighbors. It’s nice to know someone is there for you when family is far away.
74. I am a good neighbor kind of person. It comes from my childhood of knowing nearly everyone on our road and being able to ask any favor of them. Cup of milk? 🙂 I have it.
75. Leisl, the cat, is my favorite feline in this whole world. He knows when I need him.
76. Facebook is a big waste of time for me.
77. I always strive to be organized.
78. I really love my career as a photographer, but sometimes need to take a break and remind myself of why I am doing it.
79. I became a photographer because I enjoy making people happy.
80. One day I hope to visit Europe with Devin.
81. I have had the same pen pal in England since 6th grade. And yes, I know I owe her a letter. 🙂
82. I love receiving mail! Hand written notes and letters are the best.
83. I took part in the Running of the Brides 2009. It was terrible! But my friends and family are awesome for coming with me. 🙂
84. I wish I knew how to play the piano and fiddle really well.
85. I am going to be a bridesmaid for the first time this summer. 🙂 Yes, I’m excited!
86. Devin and I sing in our church choir.
87. I am the youth group leader at our church
88. I love working with teens because they are so full of life! And they are so silly. 🙂
89. When I edit weddings I crave cake.
Cake by The Little Purple Cake Shoppe. YUM!
90. I am so thankful for the professionals in my life that have helped me grow and shape my business!
91. I know how to sew.
92. I write out hourly schedules for myself when I am really busy or I become overwhelmed and accomplish nothing.
93. In the summer I volunteer with our local CSA and help bring in the harvest.
94. I am not a fashionista. Oh well.
95. I miss Midnight Wanderings with my college friends.
96. I wish I could invent a machine that would shorten the distances between family and friends.
97. I love my life.
98. I have a favorite fleece blanket.
99. I love names and naming things.
100. I am a free spirit and pretty silly.
Photo by Daria Bishop
Now that I just shared 100 facts about myself with you, can you share 5 facts about yourself with me?
Leave them in the comment section below. 🙂